Dual Function Hand-Held Computer Microphone
- Plug the pink microphone jack (indicated by a microphone icon) into the “mic in” port.MICROPHONE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
- The ANC-300 can be used as either a Desktop Microphone or a Hand Held Microphone.
- To use the ANC-300 in the Desktop mode, place the ANC-300 in its base, and set the selector switch to the Desktop mode.
- To use the ANC-300 in the Hand Held mode, remove the ANC-300 from its base, and set the selector switch to the Hand Held mode. Hold the ANC-300 so that the microphone is approximately 3/4″ in front of your mouth and speak naturally.
Product ManualTo top
Frequently Asked Questions
- My Andrea ANC-300 mic does not work with my new Windows 10 computer, but it works with my old Win XP Pro computer.
The ANC-300L requires a minimum power supply at the PC mic port 1.8 volts. The ANC-300 requires 2.5 volts. Please check your PC specs. If the PC does not provide the correct amount of power, then you could purchase our USB-MA adapter which will provide the necessary power, and provide much improved audio over the built-in PC soundcard.
- What is the difference between the ANC-300 and the ANC-300L?
The ANC-300L has replaced the ANC-300. The ANC-300L (L is for low power) only requires 1.8V to operate where the ANC-300 requires 2.5V.
- My device will not record!
When you first plug in the ANC-300, you should see a message on your screen asking if the device that was just plugged in is a line level device or microphone. Choose microphone.
- After plugging my ANC-300 in, a message popped up asking if the device that was just plugged in is a line level device or microphone?
The ANC-300 is a microphone.
- How can I test my device?
To test the ANC-300, simply go to your Start Button -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Sound Recorder. Click the red record button in Sound Recorder, and speak into the ANC-300 with the white dot facing your mouth (about 1.5″ away), and the switch set to Hand Held. The green line in Sound Recorder should move as you speak. Click the stop button, rewind the recording, and press play. You should hear the recording through your multimedia speakers, or headphones. If there is no recording, you should try these steps on a different PC to make sure that the issue is not caused by a PC setting.
- Do I need to use the USB-MA sound card with my device when using dictation software.
It is recommended that when using dictation software like Dragon Naturally Speaking you use the USB-MA Digital External Sound Card.
- I can’t get enough output from my ANC-300 microphone even with the mixer mic input gain set to maximum.
Is the device in hand held mode and one inch away from your mouth? Are you speaking at the white dot? If so, is your mic port supplying enough power? The ANC-300 requires a minimum of 2 volts and the ANC-300L 1.8 volts. Do you have another computer you can try that might have a higher mic port voltage? If so try a test recording in the windows program sound recorder (start button -> all programs -> accessories -> sound recorder). If it works on another machine you will need the USB-MA Digital External Sound Card as this will supply the device with the required voltage while greatly increasing the audio quality of your recordings.
- Is ANC-300 compatible with Dragon Naturally Speaking (DNS) speech recognition software?
Yes, the ANC-300 is compatible with Dragon Naturally Speaking and has been rated a 4 Dragons by Nuance and when used with our USB-MA External Digital Sound Card an even higher rating is achieved.
- How do I request warranty service?
If your device is still not functioning after contacting the Andrea Support Team, you will be asked to submit your proof of purchase via email or fax, verifying that the product was purchased within 1 year. You will then be issued a return material authorization (RMA) number, with complete shipping instructions to return the device to our facility for evaluation. The customer is responsible for the return shipping. A traceable method such as UPS or Fed-X ground is recommended. If the device is found to be defective after evaluation at our facility, a new device will be shipped to you free of charge.