USB-UNIV Universal External USB Headset Adapter
- Plug your playback device into the green port on the USB-UNIV.
- Plug your recording device into the pink port on the USB-UNIV.
- Plug your mobile device into the black port on the USB-UNIV
- Plug the USB-UNIV into your desktop computer or laptop.
Product ManualTo top
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use two headphones at the same time?
Yes, one headphone can be plugged into the green port and the other into the black port of the USB-UNIV and both headphones will hear the audio.
- Can I use a headset and a headphone at the same time?
The microphone on the headset will not function in this configuration, however, the audio output for listening only would work on both devices.
- Can I use 2 microphones at the same time?
This is not a common application, but the answer is yes. One microphone would need to have a standard 3.5mm two or three pole plug that would plug into the pink port on the USB-UNIV. The other microphone would need to have a 3.5mm four pole TRRS (Shared Audio) plug such as on our SG-110M Mobile Shotgun Microphone or one of Andrea’s mobile headsets such as the EDU-455M. This microphone would plug into the black port of the USB-UNIV. Both microphones must supply a mic-in signal.
- Can I use 2 headsets at the same time?
Yes, you can plug both a computer headset with pink and green plugs into the corresponding color-coded ports on the USB-UNIV adapter and a mobile headset with a single black TRRS (Shared Audio) plug into the center black port of the USB-UNIV. Both headsets will function simultaneously.
- What is the difference between the USB-UNIV and the EDU-USB?
The EDU-USB has a pink port and green port and can only be used with a computer headset having a pink microphone plug and a green speaker plug. The USB-UNIV has these same ports but it also has an additional TRRS (Shared Audio) port for use with mobile headsets having a single black plug. So, the USB-UNIV will work with both dual plug and single plug headsets.
System RequirementsTo top
Windows 10 and up
Apple Macintosh OS X 10.5 and up